Concert: Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 7:00pm
For twenty years the cultural catalysts at globalFEST have been opening minds and hearts to unexpected musical discoveries through their annual festival in what NPR Music calls “a thrill ride.” The flagship festival at the core of globalFEST gives audiences the opportunity to experience extraordinary artists from all over the world—and around the corner—all in one night. CCV is proud to have led the effort to get the Legendary Ingramettes included on this showcase event (pictured above in photo by Edwin Remsberg).
- The Legendary Ingramettes (U.S.): Six decades of roof-raising female harmonies and house-rocking gospel
- Dengue Fever (U.S. / Cambodia): Joyful ’60s Cambodian pop and psychedelic rock
- Justin Adams & Mauro Durante (UK / Italy): Mesmerizing violin and guitar improvisations from southern Italian laments to gritty desert blues
- Khadija El Warzazia’s Bnat el Houariyat & Esraa Warda (Morocco / Algeria / U.S.): Women’s ecstatic song and dance from the heart of Marrakech
- María José Llergo (Spain): Southern Spain’s new flamenco voice
- Meridian Brothers & El Grupo Renacimiento (Colombia): Electrifying underground Tropical Latin visionaries dive into a fantastical past
- Moonlight Benjamin (Haiti / France): Rebellious Caribbean blues-rock from vodou queen priestess
- New York Arabic Orchestra (U.S.):Preeminent NYC music collective representing Arabic music
- Son Rompe Pera (Mexico): Garage-punk-cumbia marimba madness
- Tamikrest (Mali / France): 21st Century Tamasheq desert-blues rock from the Sahara
Tickets for globalFEST are going fast but can still be purchased!
What is globalFEST?
globalFEST’s is a beloved annual multi-stage event in David Geffen Hall at Lincoln Center that gives audiences an opportunity to travel around the world through the venue’s unique spaces to celebrate the wonders of a world brimming with music that’s both innovative and deeply rooted. The New York Times has called the festival, “a joyful and often raucous celebration of diversity and culture’s uncanny knack for slipping through borders and stretching out roots underneath walls.” globalFEST is also closely associated with the Annual Association of Performing Arts Presenters (APAP), providing the artists with the opportunity to showcase their talents with presenters from across the globe.